THE 1-MINUTE READ: 5 STEPS TO A SMOOTH SHAVE
Some things are nice to not have to overthink. Like shaving.
It’s simple, we do it almost every day, and yet somehow it still inspires endless debate. So we took on the heavy mental lifting on behalf of men, and came back with five steps that are inarguably simple.
1. WASH YOUR FACE Use warm water for up to three minutes to remove dead skin (gross), which will help you avoid nicks and cuts (good).
2. GO FOR THE GEL Shave gel helps prevent razor burn. If you have sensitive skin, let it sit and soak in for a minute.
3. USE A MULTI-BLADE RAZOR You’ll get a smooth and incredibly close shave when you do. Tip: if it feels like the blade is tugging at your skin, it might be time to change blades.
4. DON’T PRESS HARD. A good razor does all the work. It’s normal not to feel the hairs being cut when you’re using a premium quality razor. And shave with the grain -- you can always Go Against the Grain at the end if your goal is an ultra-smooth shave.
5. FINISH STRONG. Rinse with cold water and then splash on a moisturizing aftershave. It will make you feel great and smell even greater.
That’s it. Five steps, less than a minute to read. Now you can go perfect the next iconic guy thing, like how to carve a turkey. (Just don’t use a razor.)
Or check out our playlist if you want to master the finer points.