HOW TO TRIM A BEARD
How To Trim A Beard
Trimming your beard can make a huge difference in your overall style. A quick trim lets you take your beard from the trail to the board room. Trimming your beard is easy with the right tools. If it’s your first time, or if you just need a refresher, Gillette® has all the tips, tricks, and tools you need to make your beard a showstopper.
- Step 1Step 1: Clean and Dry Your Beard Before You StartTrim after you shower and when your beard is dry—your hair will be hydrated and easier to cut, and will give you a better idea of how it will look once it’s tamed.
- Step 2Step 2: Brush Out Any TanglesBrush out your beard. This can detangle knots and set your beard up for optimal grooming.
- Step 3Step 3: Pick Your Style And ToolsUse the King C. Gillete Style Master Cordless Stubble Trimmer to get an even trim—its three guide combs will give you consistency. For the best trimming, pull your skin taught and trim in a sweeping motion away from your face.
- Step 4Step 4: Start Long and Work Your Way DownRemember, there’s no undo button for bad trimming, so start with a longer guide comb to control length. For the best styling, trim your beard shorter on your neck and cheeks. Keep hair longer on your chin to create a fade. Use these styles for inspiration.
- Step 5Step 5: Brush Down Your ‘StacheAfter trimming, brush your mustache hair downward and remove the guide comb to buzz the hair that extends over your lip.
- Step 6Step 6: Moisturize Your Beard With Lightweight OilsUse beard oil to keep your beard soft and healthy. These lightweight oils help keep moisture in your beard hair and skin to soften and maintain unruly beards and mustaches. Check out our King C. Gillette Beard Oil in The Clean Kit.